The Institute endeavours to achieve the following:
- Promote research studies on scientific evaluation and university performance from an interdisciplinary approach.
- Encourage networking activities, promoting cooperation and inter-collaborative projects among research institutions as well as private companies.
- Maintain updated databases and indicators of scientific activity (IUNE Observatory) and allow universities to benefit from the data contained in the databases and thus propitiate the development of multidisciplinary research.
- Develop postgraduate programs in scientific evaluation, technology and university performance.
- Assist universities with their need for information and analysis on scientific activity and university performance. Bibliometric and scientometric data on scientific activity contribute to developing strategic procedures and conducting benchmarking or comparative studies with other institutions.
- Become a reference center in Spain in the field of evaluation of scientific activity, policy and management of the Spanish university system.